Welcome to Kids Crib Outside School Hours & Vacation Care, my name is Tracey and I am the very proud Owner, Approved Provider and Nominated Supervisor of Kids Crib. Our service caters for school age children providing care outside of the normal school hours. The service has three separate components being Before School Care, After School Care and Vacation Care.
The service operates under the Education and Care Services National Regulations and National Law.
Our philosophy statement is the foundation of Kids Crib, it reflects who we are, what we believe and how we aim to conduct our day to day operations as a service.
We believe in providing a warm, nurturing environment where all children feel safe, secure and a true sense of belonging. Where their opinions are heard and considered, their individual contributions encouraged and appreciated and their unique qualities recognized and cherished. All Children are equal regardless of gender, cultural or socio-economic background and the rights of every child are paramount.
We acknowledge Schools and the local community as significant influences to the daily activities and learning for all children and recognize families as being the most influential teachers in a child’s life therefore we endeavor to create strong links by developing partnerships with both families and the wider community to achieve successful outcomes for all children.
We appreciate Australia’s Multicultural society and embrace the difference and similarities between all cultures and ways of life. Awareness and understanding of diversity is promoted with in the daily practices of the service program through experiences, interactions and the resources provided. It is our belief that there is no right or wrong way; there are different ways.
We respect children’s right to play and value the importance of play in the growth and development through middle childhood. Creative, self directed play is looked upon as one of the most meaningful learning experiences of childhood therefore we strive to continually provide an environment that children can;
- Investigate, socialize, relax and expand on their interests
- Make choices, accept challenges and take appropriate risks
- Explore their capabilities, strengths and become confident learners
- Build confidence, self worth and develop life skills that will enable them to reach their full potential
- Collaborate with peers and educators in the planning and evaluation of the service program, decision making, expectations and setting of limits
- Develop independence and awareness of the needs and rights of others
- Develop an increasing responsibility for their own personal health and wellbeing
- Learn to care for, respect and appreciate the natural environment
- Build meaningful relationships through positive interactions with peers and Educators
We strive to be a professional service with in the wider community that respects the privacy, confidentiality and diverse needs of all families, maintaining continuous awareness regarding child protection, occupational health and safety and the importance of professional development.
Our Service Goals
- To ensure all Children, Families and Educators feel safe, secure and welcome.
- To build relationships between Educators, Families and the Community based on honesty, respect, trust and open communication.
- To provide a service that caters for the individual diverse needs of all families.
- To provide a inclusive program that supports all domains of development and gives equal opportunities to all children.
- To facilitate ongoing collaboration between Children, Families and Educators towards the planning and evaluation of the service program.
- Foster an importance and respect for oneself and others.
- To nurture and guide children to become confident and able individuals.
- Maintain a safe, healthy clean environment for Children, Families and Educators that is closely monitored.
- Ensure all Educators are appropriately trained in areas of importance and opportunity’s are provided for individual professional development.
- We will not tolerate bullying of any nature.
- We will use all equipment and furniture appropriately and with care.
- We will treat others the way we would like to be treated, with respect and dignity.
- We will be considerate to the feelings, opinions and suggestions of others.
- We will remain within the boundaries of the centre (see child safe area plan).
- We will be responsible for our own belongings at Kids Crib, during school runs and on excursions; this includes the storage of belongings.
- We will be responsible for our own behaviour and accept any consequences that may follow as a result of the behaviour.
- We will follow all safety instructions from Educators while at Kids Crib, during school runs and on excursions.